Saturday, July 05, 2014

Morning Prayer -- A. H. Ackley -- At the Place of Pray'r

1 At the place of pray’r I sought Him,
When I heard His loving call,
Kneeling there my sins confessing,
Jesus saved me from them all;
And my guilty heart so burdened,
Was set free from earthly care,
For I found His grace sufficient,
Kneeling at the place of pray’r.
Refrain:
At the place of pray’r I’m kneeling,
Life is sweetest with Him there,
Deeper truths God is revealing
At the place of prayer.
2 At the place of pray’r I found Him,
With a pardon for my soul,
And I cried in y amazement,
“Canst Thou even make me whole!”
Pointing to His cross He answered,
“I for thee have suffered there,”
So by faith I found redemption,
Kneeling at the place of pray’r. [Refrain]
3 At the place of pray’r how precious,
Is the Savior’s keeping pow’r,
For the comfort of His Spirit,
Is my joy of life each hour;
All the past His blood has covered,
Every burden He will share,
And no evil shall befall me,
Kneeling at the place of pray’r. [Refrain]

No comments: