Wednesday, January 05, 2005

When I held my newborn babies

BTW, according to Birdie, today is Official Blog DeLurking Day. So if you never leave a comment, please delurk! I'm off to delurk, myself now.


When I held my newborn babies
Close against my heart
Soft, warm and fragrant,
I thought of Mary ----
                          ------holding the newborn Christ Child
                                           Close to her heart
                                                    Soft,
                                                              Warm,
                                                                          Fragrant.

The drifts of incense offered upon
All the altars of the world
Cannot smell as sweet
As the warm breath of the Christ Child,
The ruah of this
                          very
                                 living
                                          God -----
                                                -----against his mother's cheek.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first held my little girl it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Its cliche to say, but so true.
-FTM

Birdie said...

Hey rev mommy!
And when I held my grown daughter for the first time since giving her up for adoption, it was as amazing as holding all of my children at birth. 2004 was the best year of my life.

Michael said...

I already de-lurked but I couldn't resist the sweet frangrance.

De-lurk
De-lurk

Count me as two de-lurkers.


Take Care
Michael

Theresa Coleman said...

Wunderbar! DeLurking Working!

=o)

Anonymous said...

I can't say I'm really de-lurking, since I just discovered this blog--I haven't had time to lurk! But I am excited to know you're here. The life of minister-mom is truly special and it's nice to read some good writing from people who give it as much thought as I do.

-reverendmother

Jan said...

Hi, Reverend Mommy! I found you on RLP, too. I knew there had to be kindred spirits out there somewhere who know what it's like to combine the joys and challenges of motherhood and ministry.

Guess you can count this as a de-lurking, although you are too new of a discovery for me to have been an official lurker. Hey - it's fun anyway!

Thicket Dweller said...

just found your site via your post on my blog. thanks for delurking. :-)
the above piece is beautiful. the smells and sensations of a newborn child are unforgettable. thank you for calling them to the forefront of my mind.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful...

Tony said...

OK, I'm delurking! But you do the same at my place! (And thanks for the link! Blessings of the Way be upon you.)