Monday, March 06, 2006

Meme: Do you wear a cross?

Do you wear a cross? Yes, most of the time.

Is there a particular time or place that you consider wearing a cross? I don't leave home without it.

Where do you were it? Necklace, usually outside of my clothing -- except when I'm driving -- it gets caught in the seat belt shoulder strap.

What does the cross look like? a little crooked -- it's a budded cross made of reclaimed white gold and awful diamonds. The diamonds are the type that diamond cutters use to practice on -- and then throw away. Each is grey with inclusions -- they are almost industrial grade diamonds. It's on a gold chain with a little sterling silver Bible.

Who gave the cross to you or did you choose it? I had it made with some diamonds from my uncle Walter (when he was in S. Africa in the 19-somethings). And a fitting I bought seperately.

Is this your favorite cross, if so, why? Yes, because it reminds me we are all flawed diamonds -- individually ugly with dark inclusions, but we can be reclaimed and made together into something of beauty.

What does wearing a cross mean to you? I unconciously reach up and hold on to it often. It's a habit. It's a reminder. It's who I am.

Wanna play? Tag yourself and tell us if, when and why you wear or don't wear a cross.

No comments: