Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 6 after Sugery

I choose not to preach this morning - and probably a wise decision.  I'm hitting most of my goals:  drinking water, getting about 2/3 of my protein, getting my pills down, getting my vitamins and moving around.  However, I'm still not 100 percent when it comes to energy level.  By about 3:00 pm, I've hit a wall and have to go take a nap.

Tomorrow's big goal - to get completely dressed and get in ALL my protein.  Doesn't sound like much, but there it is.  it has occurred to me that I am a "recovering fat person" or "recovering obese person."  Food has always been my drug of choice - easier to eat your emotions than deal with them.  For that reason, I am always going to have dis-ease with food.  This is going to be a great tool to help with the disease, but I will ALWAYS be a fat person in recovery.

This was apparent several months ago to me - screamingly obvious when I had a deep struggle with a piece of cake.  Although it was small in volume, it won.  I lost.  And I will never ever really have power over food.  I can only depend on God to help me. I will tell you this - a fat person with an unhealthy fixation on food will indeed take candy from a baby.  And then search the stroller and diaper bag for more.

No comments: