Saturday, April 02, 2005

Considering a Big Project

Many things to think about today.

What I am going to do next year (starting July actually) and where I am going to live and what church I will be at is occupying much of my brain right now. Shall we say, I am actually worrying about it. A lot. And I would love to blog about certain things, but since I am "out" and not anonymous, I can't. Not really. Why did I come out again?

I am also considering a Very Big Project. I have an opportunity that looks Golden. But it's the old "grad student slaving away and giving lots of life energy to a project and Dr. Big Name getting all the credit, grad student getting name in very fine print way, way, way down the page." It would be a way to get six hours of credit in two different areas that I really need in a way that I could stay home all day and not go to school. It would also be resume fodder. It would be fun. I might get paid. I might get royalties. I *might* get credit on the front cover. So, I think I am going to go for it. Lots of work. I think Dr. Big Name is actually OK with giving credit where credit is due. I think.

I also need to decide my schedule next year -- what I am going to take and when. Do I want to teach a colloquy? Do I want to teach Dr. Fry-Brown's or Dr. Long's (DR. LONG'S, duh!). But they are both at 8:00 am 30 miles away and I would have to leave the house at 6:45 -- get up at 5:30 or earlier. And if I teach Dr. Long's colloquy, that means school 4 days a week -- with one day with classes from 8:00 am to 9:30 pm. Wowsa! Is sitting through Dr. Long's lectures worth it? He really is Dr. Big Name (a different one than previous paragraph...) -- he's been listed as one of the 12 most effective preachers in the English speaking world. (or maybe I can just buy the CDs...) School 4 days a week, 30 miles away with gasoline at more than $2.00 per gallon. Hmmm...... Or maybe I'll just wait and do some independent study with him. Hmmm.....

The wind is *blowing* today. I think that the girls and I are going to go fly kites. (a favorite family occupation). What are you doing today?

No comments: