Monday, January 23, 2006

Time to think

For more than a month now, I haven't had time to think. I don't know if it is a normal or usual thing -- but most mornings (weekday mornings) I will get the girls ready for school, Daddy drives them to school, I shower and sit down with a cup of coffee in a warm sunny spot and think. Literally. I'll spend some time sketching out things I've thought about the previous day, the things I've thought about that morning. And then I'll take some time to just sit, meditate, read a couple of verses (Lectio Divina style) and pray. And then I'll think some more.

For 18 months we have been building a new building. I thought the stress would ease up over Christmas (Now, Christmas, that was an entirely different level of stress.) We moved into the building. Our minister of media had to resign over some issues in his life not under his control. I took over some of the media responsibilities. I started moving into a new office. I've done a lot of video and MediaShout. I've not been chatting with friends. I've been building furniture with the husband. I've done a lot.

But what I've missed the most is my time to think. And that time is probably some of the most important time I spend all day. So.... I resolve to spend some time thinking.

Note: OK, I've heard that today is the most blue day of the year -- most people have already broken their New Year's resolutions -- well, I'm so behind, I haven't made any. But now I have.

No comments: