Friday, January 25, 2008

I Want To Be A Bear

There is one of those perpetual emails that float around that starts out, "I want to be a bear." Bears get to hibernate. I feel like hibernating. Every year around this time, I want to hibernate. It must have something to do with the post-Christmas torpor, the short days, the cold weather and so forth. I love staying home at this time. If if were up to me, I probably wouldn't leave the house until it warmed up a good deal. I've also been "nesting" quite a bit -- actually enjoying the household chores -- especially warm laundry from the dryer and organizing drawers. I don't even want to watch much TV -- I'd rather read a book in bed. According to Wikipedia:
Hibernation is a state of inactivity and metabolic depression in animals, characterized by lower body temperature, slower breathing, and lower metabolic rate. Hibernation conserves energy, especially during winter.
Sounds good to me. When can I start?

No comments: