Monday, January 28, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy

And for which I am grateful.
  • My honor roll students (Entropy was Honor Roll, Chaos was High Honors. Yeah!) and my Loving Husband.
  • Spending time with them, even if the kids don't make Honor Roll.
  • Listening to the kids practice their music (especially the cello and piano) and watching them at karate (I love watching Chaos do form number one with the Bo Staff.)
  • My Prayer Hour in the morning with my cup of coffee and tea. (See previous entries.)
  • Lunch after church with good friends.
  • A clean and organized house. Sorted drawers, clean living spaces, made up beds with fresh linens. I'm working on these three today.
    • Sub topic: Doing it "all together" with the family. Makes me feel we are all pulling in the same direction.
  • "Jaw-jackin'" with my BFF. (on the phone as we clean, usually.)
  • Reading a good book.
  • Cooking a really good dinner (but not the clean up....)
  • Doing something creative -- photography, paint, design, embroidery, music, write, stained glass and quilt.
  • A clean and organized church. All classrooms clean and neat; worship space clean and serene. This actually is harder than keeping the house clean at times. The UMW and I are going to build a strategy to "get it done."
  • A good worship service (we had a good one yesterday).
  • A good anthem (ditto).
  • Choir practice and Bible Studies.
  • A Sunday afternoon drive or walk to somewhere I've never been before.
  • Visiting church people.
  • Wandering around small college campuses and graveyards. (Different? Same difference?)
  • Bubble Shooter and other computer pursuits.
  • What makes you happy?

No comments: