- My honor roll students (Entropy was Honor Roll, Chaos was High Honors. Yeah!) and my Loving Husband.
- Spending time with them, even if the kids don't make Honor Roll.
- Listening to the kids practice their music (especially the cello and piano) and watching them at karate (I love watching Chaos do form number one with the Bo Staff.)
- My Prayer Hour in the morning with my cup of coffee and tea. (See previous entries.)
- Lunch after church with good friends.
- A clean and organized house. Sorted drawers, clean living spaces, made up beds with fresh linens. I'm working on these three today.
- Sub topic: Doing it "all together" with the family. Makes me feel we are all pulling in the same direction.
- "Jaw-jackin'" with my BFF. (on the phone as we clean, usually.)
- Reading a good book.
- Cooking a really good dinner (but not the clean up....)
- Doing something creative -- photography, paint, design, embroidery, music, write, stained glass and quilt.
- A clean and organized church. All classrooms clean and neat; worship space clean and serene. This actually is harder than keeping the house clean at times. The UMW and I are going to build a strategy to "get it done."
- A good worship service (we had a good one yesterday).
- A good anthem (ditto).
- Choir practice and Bible Studies.
- A Sunday afternoon drive or walk to somewhere I've never been before.
- Visiting church people.
- Wandering around small college campuses and graveyards. (Different? Same difference?)
- Bubble Shooter and other computer pursuits.
- What makes you happy?
Monday, January 28, 2008
Things That Make Me Happy
And for which I am grateful.