Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Randomness

  • I've not felt much like blogging, facebooking or twittering for a while. I'm still quite blue about the death of Doodle and the disappearance of Critter. It seems a lot to process. It is like any other kind of grief: it just takes time.
  • I did find another cat and I am growing fond of her. She is a scaredy cat and needs me about as much as I need her. She has a short little muzzle and wide spaced eyes; she looks a lot like my Muffin. We are still uncertain about her name. Allegra, Claritin or Zyrtec seem good to me right now...
  • Because the pollen is taking over all of outside right now. I have a fine yellow-green film on my cars.
  • I am trying to accomplish at least one "project" a day and clear out one box/bag a day in efforts to finish cleaning house. I think it's a never-ending effort. By the time I finish one thing, something else has to be done or re-done.
  • But this weekend, I did seal the antique tray from my bathroom. It has started to rust on the bottom and was leaving stains on the counter top. It cleaned up and sealed up quite nicely.
  • I also purchased a second Pizza Stone. They sure come in handy.
  • The text for the week is for Palm Sunday: Mark 11:1-11
When they were approaching Jerusalem, at Bethphage and Bethany, near the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples 2and said to them, “Go into the village ahead of you, and immediately as you enter it, you will find tied there a colt that has never been ridden; untie it and bring it. 3If anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ just say this, ‘The Lord needs it and will send it back here immediately.’” 4They went away and found a colt tied near a door, outside in the street. As they were untying it, 5some of the bystanders said to them, “What are you doing, untying the colt?” 6They told them what Jesus had said; and they allowed them to take it. 7Then they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks on it; and he sat on it. 8Many people spread their cloaks on the road, and others spread leafy branches that they had cut in the fields. 9Then those who went ahead and those who followed were shouting,
“Hosanna!
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!
10Blessed is the coming kingdom of our ancestor David!
Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
11Then he entered Jerusalem and went into the temple; and when he had looked around at everything, as it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the twelve.
  • I have people procuring palm branches for this Sunday. I suppose it's time to write a sermon and do the homeschool thing.
  • But first more strawberries and coffee.

No comments: