Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Randomness

  • Facebook has cause a great decrease in my blogging efforts.
  • Either that or I'm just not 100 percent yet from surgery.
  • I am looking at (continuing) to declutter the house and to do some "home improvement" projects for two reasons 1) we've been here a while and things need to be freshened up 2) if we are going to move anytime soon, the house needs to get to a point where it's ready to sell (heh! In this economy!)
  • The laundry room is my focus right now. The walls are beat up and builder beige, it's unorganized and just plain drab. I have put in new curtains (about $25 total including new rods) and spray painted (most) of my peach baskets red to match (about $10 of spray paint). I'm using a can of paint leftover from painting the living rooms, so there is zero additional cost there, therefore the total on the project is about $35. Good price for a fresh look, in my humble opinion.
  • The deck is a simultaneous "next" -- I work on the deck when the weather holds. Which it really hasn't -- lots and lots of rain recently. The deck is iffy -- I don't know if it is salvageable or if we need a new one. I'm going to try to pressure wash it gently with Deck Bright and stain/paint with a semi-opaque exterior stain. The supplies to do this are about $75 -- a lot cheaper than a new deck.
  • We are still working on "stuff reduction." I am thinking about putting my books outside and taking a picture of the ones that are in nice boxes and selling them on Craig's list. There are about 1250 to 1400 there are sorted nicely and that I know I want to get rid of -- I'm thinking about listing them for $400 OBO. There are around 30 boxes like this so that's just a bit more than $10 a box. Second idea: a "Book Sale" to be advertised on Craig's list and the homeschool email lists -- fill up a box for $10. It's still going to take quite a bit of sorting and cleaning up to get to either point.
  • I actually want the garage COMPLETELY cleaned out in order to stain/seal the floor. Long term goal? I don't know, but I do know that we can't show the house with it looking that way and it's weighing me down.
  • I am noticing more and more in my life a real and dynamic connection between my physical life, my emotional life and my spiritual life. They MUST be balanced for me to be fully fulfilled. This is my "work" spiritually right now (or so my spiritual director tells me.) I thought I would be finished by now -- but I'm also getting an understanding that there is no "finish" -- it's all a process....

No comments: