Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Morning Prayer

Awake, awake to love and work!
The lark is in the sky
the fields are wet with diamond dew
The worlds awake to cry
their praises to the Fount of Life
Christ Jesus passes by.

To give and give, and give again,
as God's own grace is free
To spend yourself nor count the cost
To serve most gloriously
the God who gave all worlds that are
and all that are to be.

-- From the Kentucky Harmony

3 For you have been my refuge, *
a strong tower against the enemy.
4 I will dwell in your house for ever; *
I will take refuge under the cover of your wings.
5 For you, O God, have heard my vows; *
you have granted me the heritage of those who fear your Name.
6 Add length of days to the king's life; *
let his years extend over many generations.
7 Let him sit enthroned before God for ever; *
bid love and faithfulness watch over him.
8 So will I always sing the praise of your Name, *
and day by day I will fulfill my vows.
-- Psalm 61

My soul is alive and free
And soars on the Wind
that blows through the tree
and caresses my face.

Your Spirit is breathed in me
Causing my dance of Joy
Your Spirit causes me to sing
and your Love sustains me.

God, I give you thanks
For those who have helped
Sustain me. For those whose
Spirits are mirrors of Yours.

God, I give you thanks
For the beauty of your creation
For the gifts of your earth
For the gifts so abundant.

Amen.

No comments: