Monday, May 22, 2006

Morning Prayer

This is a day of new beginnings,
time to remember and move on,
time to believe what love is bringing,
laying to rest the pain that's gone.

Christ is alive, and goes before us
to show and share what love can do.
This is a day of new beginnings;
our God is making all things new.

-Brian Wren, 1978

Colossians 1: 9- 14 (NRSV)

9 For this reason, since the day we heard it, we have not ceased praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of God's will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you may lead lives worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as you grow in the knowledge of God. 11 May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Lord of Life
Lord of Glory
Lord of Creation
Lord of Love,
You make all things new. Every day is a new beginning in you. Every day is fresh. I rejoice in your beautiful world. I give thanks to you for the gifts you have given me in such abundance. I thank you for Your Body, the church, which surrounds me and supports me in that love.

Lord, may I be filled with the knowledge of Your perfect will.
May I be filled with your wisdome and understanding so that I can live a life worthy of You.
I desire nothing more than to please you.
Make me strong with the strength that comes from You, so that I can indeed be prepared to endure all things with patience.

I pray for my children today. I pray that they grow in the knowledge of you.
I pray for my little one's health again today. Her beauty is breath-taking to me and I fear for her fragility. Keep her in the palm of your hand. Heal her according to Your will.

This I pray in the name of the God who became flesh and dwelt among us.

Amen.

No comments: