Monday, July 24, 2006

And now for something completely different

That turned out surprisingly good.

Do you know this scene? I haven't been to the store in a while. Family is hungry. Time to "invent." This invention was actually pretty good.

1 package of frozen ravioli (cheese)
1 stick butter
1/2 a head of broccoli
1/4 of an onion
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 cup marble cheddar
can of broth
4 oz of sour cream

That's what was on hand. My mission? To combine the ingredients into something passable.

So...
I started by melting the butter and making a white sauce. OK, no milk, so I used flour (about 1/4 cup) and broth. Then I put in some cheese and sour cream, salt and pepper. I cut up all the vegetables, dumped the ravioli into a baking dish with the veggies, poured the sauce on top, topped with cheese and baked for 1/2 hour on 350.

It was very nice with a salad and a glass of wine.

Now for tomorrow’s dinner – what can I do with a can of pumpkin pie filler, a can of stewed tomatoes and a can of tuna?

Answer? Go to the store.

No comments: