Friday, July 21, 2006

RevGal Friday 5

Edited because I have mush for brains right now. I left people out of my "Want to meet list."

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals? Hmmm.... I remember more than a year ago feeling isolated. I had blogged a couple of years before that and dropped the blog. I restarted my blog in November of 2004 (?). I blogged for a while, coasting around looking for like-minded people. I found St. Casserole. I started commenting. I found Reverend Mother, Songbird, Emily and Jane Ellen. I commented more. I discovered a Polar Bear. I kept a blogroll and started sorting it according to "nice people" and "fellow clergypeople." When Reverend Mother started the Cafe-Press store, I started a webpage and a webring. Songbird and I managed it for a long time -- I'm now in CPE, so Songbird is doing it more or less by herself. I promise I will pick it up again in the Fall.

2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life? Yep. You wanna list? First, Cheesehead. Then Lydia, Stacey, Songbird, Reverend Mother, Not-Shy, The Casserole, Rev Abi, Gavin (who has great hair) and someone else, but I can't remember b/c my brains are oatmeal.
I'm meeting Teri (Clever Title Here) on Monday....

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person. PPB, for sure. Cathy Knits, Lorna, Bad Alice, Church Lady (she's going to be my sec. one day....), Wills Mama, Helen, Pink Shoes, QG, Mibi, Jane Ellen, Emily, Mary Beth, Mindy and Rach (like, who WOULDN'T like to me that pair!), PureChristianIThink, Caroline of the Alabaster Jar, SingingOwl, the LutheranChik, James, Jeff, Church Nerd (aka Mark), Susan, Inner Dorothy, Haevy Revvies, Juniper68 and how could I not meet Gord and Tripp and OF COURSE Kathryn, whose Parts are Very Very Good and Sally and do I have to do this? Repeat Oatmeal comment.
I actually would like to meet you all... After all, I'm a smidge extroverted.

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life? Wow. Lots. A sense of "I'm not alone in all this." A touchstone for my day. Wonderful friendships, real and virtual.

5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing. I'm listening. I want a conference and more F2F meet up IRL. I would LOVE to do more books.

Duty calls... later.

No comments: