Friday, August 25, 2006

It's funny

I've spent 12 (really 13) weeks in CPE now. I was getting very used to getting pushed and stretched. I had so much to say and so little time to say it in. I became very tender (sore) and really open. I stopped using makeup -- and started using my real name in my favorite chatroom instead of "reverend mommy."

I now have had a little time to process stuff -- time to think and even sometime to begin dreaming again. And it's funny. What I am using to find comfort is mathematics -- I'm compiling statistics and doing statistical analysis for a congregational analysis. Yes, I am going to use it in Teaching Parish -- in October! But I'm doing it now for the sheer comfort of it. It's really analytic and really cerebral. I don't think it's a permanent retreat -- it's just a respite. I'll do more of the "self-awareness" stuff, but its going to be in a little while (actually in a couple of weeks). I'm giving myself a sort of break.

And I giggle because very few (VERY few) people use statistics and analysis of statistics (Oooo!! I could do a ANOVA between my 5 groups!!) for comfort. Heh. (Woo Hoo! a ANOVA regression analysis! Yeah boy!)

In fact, that's hilarious! hee hee hee.

UPDATE:
This just in!! I was tired of doing everything in Excel. I mean, it's a great little spreadsheet program, but it's so hard to get it to do what I want it to do. I've used some freeware/shareware in the past and they were.... ok (I guess). So, I surfed around for a few minutes and found this. Oh. My. Goodness.

With this product, some good chocolate and a glass of red wine, I think I'm in heaven. Too bad I can't use the computer in the bathtub -- but I could use some candles....

No comments: