Monday, August 21, 2006

Random Quotations Meme

From Linda

It's an easy one to do. The rules: "Go here and look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe."

Here are mine:

The forceps of our minds are clumsy forceps, and crush the truth a little in taking hold of it.
H. G. Wells (1866 - 1946), 1903

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.
Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 - 1962)

The self is not something ready-made, but something in continuous formation through choice of action.
John Dewey (1859 - 1952)

Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it.
Joseph Conrad (1857 - 1924)

I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892)

And a bonus

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
Albert Einstein

And some of my very favorite of all time

Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed.
Peter Sellers (1925 - 1980)

My doctor gave me two weeks to live. I hope they're in August.
Ronnie Shakes

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

We are all here for a spell; get all the good laughs you can.
Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

No comments: