Monday, April 02, 2007

What I Will Do When I Graduate

Lorna asked what I am going to do when I graduate. I'll tell you, it won't be much different than what I'm doing now.
  • Be a little more present for my family. Help Entropy transition to Middle School.
  • Blog more.
  • I'll continue at New Hope UMC, hopefully being able to put in more hours. I am enjoying having the music program under my area... I also want to start teaching Bible studies again.
  • I'm going to write papers for the Board of Ordained Ministry and finish preparing all that stuff.
  • I'm going to work on the house, which has been neglected for a while, sorting each and every closet and drawer. I'm going to sell all the ebay stuff I've been collecting.
  • I'm going to help my loving husband with his grandfather's estate and ebay more stuff (keeping two different accounts for accounting purposes.)
  • I'm going to do some artwork -- a little graphic design stuff, movies, stained glass, watercolors, quilting, embroidery and more.
  • I'm going to do some music stuff -- I now have Sibelius to work with and I LOVE IT.
  • I'm going to work on the weight and diet. I'm going to have more time to think about cooking and I want to cook every night for a while. I love cooking.
  • I'm helping my cousin to format a couple of books for publication and I'm thinking about writing a prayerbook/liturgy book.
  • Apply for grad school, maybe a ThM next year at Candler, maybe a DMin at United, maybe apply for the PhD program at Duke. Don't know yet.
  • CPE hopefully in January. I'm going to take it slow with CPE, I want 6 months to rest and recover first.
  • I want to buy a boat and spend some time on the water. I want to get my pilot's license updated -- I need a biannual.
  • I want to learn to weld and fuse glass.
  • Reform some of my language. Stop using the word "stuff." Stop saying, "I know" when people are trying to tell me something, because it's not if I know, it's all about them having to tell. Stop asking after giving instructions "Do you understand." It's seen as patronizing.

No comments: