Friday, February 06, 2009

Geek Question

OK, I ordered a digital camera from ScopeTek. I had read on a forum that there was a kludge of a driver -- I should have downloaded it then, cause now I can't find it.

I need a ScopeTek driver for Mac OS X or I'm going to have to break down and get (gag) Boot Camp and some version of Windoze to run on the MacBooks (gagging continues).

I attached the camera, hoping for a miracle -- no joy. No image and I can't convince the Mac that there is anything attached. It seems to be powered off the computer... I don't want to break the bank and spend the $1000 for an "official" adapter to attach a "real" digital camera to the microscope. I think it becomes so very unbalanced that way, anyway. Any and all help is appreciated.

And it seems to me ... that if I can get this to work on this hardware by just two pieces of software, it shouldn't be so very very difficult.

No comments: