Thursday, December 09, 2010

Weight

I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I joined Weight Watchers for the first time when I was 15 years old; I joined again shortly after Bill and I were married; I joined again about 8 weeks ago. I've lost maybe about 9 pounds since July -- only a handful on WW.

Of course I didn't gain the weight all in a day; the last 32 pounds came on in the last 3 years. Slowly my weight crept up; why should I expect it to leave me any faster?

Anyway, although I've had some success, I still haven't made my first goal -- and it's been since July. I'm discouraged. I'm not going to count anything as success until I lose that weight I've most recently gained. I know that's not very realistic, but there it is.

So I'm going to stay on the diet today; I'm making a goal to just *move* around a bit more every hour for a few minutes and I think I will make a goal of climbing the stairs two more times today than I did yesterday. Slow and steady wins the race, BUT STILL. The challenge is to stick to the program even though I don't feel any success. To do it ANYWAY.

No comments: