Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wine Selections

Ok, I'm going to make shrimp and grits for Christmas Eve and I want to get a couple of bottles of wine. Which wine shall it be?

I really like the 2002 Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse. White burgundies are more complex than basic chardonnay and this one is pricey. It will run about $23 to $25 per bottle. It's not overly oak-y or sweaty in flavor. It's full of the taste of cinnamon and apples. Dry, but not acidic. Nice lively taste. My favorite.

The Louis Jadot Macon-Villages Chardonnay is a good second choice -- it runs about $10 a bottle. Nice color, not too pale. Crisp, dry, slightly acid, tastes of apples and pears. Simple taste, not really complex.

Next on the list would be a Beaujolais. Domestic wines -- I stick to a Napa Riesling or Chardonnay.

A good Merlot will be on the list as well.....

Time to go shopping.

No comments: