Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Bullets

  • I've been "off" of blogging for a week. The break was good.
  • The girls are now out of school. We've been busy doing this and that -- we spent 3 hours at the dentist earlier in the week and I'm going to get them both physicals in the next couple of weeks. Their school day was 9:30 to 4:00 this year and the school system doesn't like you to check them out for routine doctor visits, so it's catch-up time now.
  • The house is still a work in process. It will be for a while, I'm sure, but I would like to SEE the progress instead of a mess. The last time that the house was TOTALLY clean (like I like it) with every drawer sorted, every thing picked up, every closet sorted, all the laundry done, the refrigerator cleaned out and behind all furniture and appliances cleaned (all at the same time) was December 2, 1996. Why I remember the day, I don't know.
  • The last time I really sorted my closet out and gave away stuff was December 14, 2003. It's time. I'm going to spend the next few days working on that.
  • I did finish the bathroom (it's been about 5 years for that too.) Every bottle examined and determination made to keep, give away, throw away. I threw away a couple of garbage bags of stuff. Why do I purchase a product, use some of it and then when decide I don't like it -- why don't I just throw it away then? Why do I wait until the "sell by" date rolls around? The bathroom is great now -- nice and peaceful. I even put out fresh candles.
  • My bedroom is approaching "finished" as well. I have a motherload of video tapes in there -- I will never watch them again. I am going to go through the videotapes and sell or donate all of them. I also need to sort out my jewelry stuff. I will put some of it aside for the kids but I don't need all of that stuff.
  • The girls are off to Savannah this morning to do the Girl Scout Big Trip. I'm looking forward to romantic dates with the Loving Husband. They are going to be so very busy. On their itinerary: Dolphin Cruise, First Headquarters of the GS, BirthPlace, Mable Frances Potters Cupcake Emporium, Casbah Restaurant, Ghost Walk, Andrew Lowe House, Tybee Lighthouse, Fort Pulaski and the beach. They are camping at the 4-H center on Tybee.
For Girl Scouts, it doesn't get much better than this. Camping, the beach, belly-dancing, Juliette Gordon Lowe, Dolphins, Cupcakes, Lighthouses. I am SO GLAD I'm not the Adult in charge of that flock of 12-14 year olds. Been there; done that. Got the Tee Shirt. Maybe next time. =o)

No comments: