Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Five

1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
I would like to just meet up with my fellow bloggers. I would love to hold hands with some of these women and pray for a while, sing a little bit, hear a couple of them preach, listen to them talk about being women clergy... Just BE together.
2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
Summer is OK, as long as we avoid Annual Conference time. Maybe July or August? May is BAD.

3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
Given the choice between an Urban Generic Hotel in Dirty City with being Inside all the time Never Seeing Sunlight and Lovely Retreat Center in the Deep Woods with Running Streams of Living Water? Take a guess.... (Although near big flea market and thrift stores? Charming antique stores? Hmmmm... that would be OK)

4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.)
Someone who understands the stress/spirituality /life demands of being a woman and a clergyperson at the same time. I would love to get Roberta Bondi, because I love to listen to her or Diana Butler Bass. BBT would be OK, too.

5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest? I would love to hear PPB and Stace play the guitar together... maybe with the Indigo Girls. I would love to have our brothers welcome, as well (PoC, the Frodo lover, Mark the Lepper, Gavo and JNorm.) I would love to worship with you people -- to have Eucharist with you. I would want the place we gather to have a "sacred space" of some sort. I would love Cathy to tell us more about music. I want to sing you all.

No comments: