Monday, September 29, 2008

Home again tonight.

We burned about 4 gallons of gas going to revival and back tonight. We passed 11 gas stations with no gas and only one with any gas -- it was Premium and expensive (not to mention the line.)

Some say that it might be 3 more weeks. Others say that the need for gas in Georgia is now critical. People are being told to stay at home, avoid unnecessary trips, carpool and combine trips. Well ... duh!

I have 2 more nights of revival this week -- Sunday worship and 3 more nights next week. Our third car (more fuel efficient) is being repaired. It gets about 30 mpg. Better than the Expedition's 20, but not as good as the Saturn's 35 to 40. I may just go get it without the Air Conditioning being fixed.

The plan tomorrow -- I'm going on a gas hunt right after I drop Entropy off at school. I've planned a circuit that will only add about 3 miles to the trip. I hope that ONE of the 5 or 6 stations will have some gas. I have 3/4 of a tank in the Expedition -- about 280 miles.

I have a parishioner whose sister has died and I would like to visit her -- in Danielsville. Then go to Comer to visit another parishioner (99 years old -- I need to go). Then head on out to the revival. Are these critical trips? Probably not -- except it's my calling. What to do?

No comments: