Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blogging Life

I've not been able to blog much lately. I think it is just a dry spell -- or at least I hope. I always am afraid that I'm going to run out of things to say; that eventually all words are going to be used up. I'm always afraid that I'm not going to be able to preach on Sunday; that eventually I'm going to use up all my words. I know that there is always the Word there; it is eternal and unchanging; spoken yet ever being spoken and will be spoken. But I think that *I* am going to run out of words.

Life is also very full. Preaching; ministry; homeschooling; cleaning and housekeeping; ordination papers; relationships to maintain -- I've not left much time for quiet reflection. And I will admit to a certain amount of financial difficulty. We've almost paid off all credit cards -- not much left. We've almost paid off my latest hospital bill (from May!!) We have the mortgage(s), student loans and the ever looming threat of the loss of jobs. Things considered "secure" two years ago aren't so very secure.

There is one time in the morning that I can sit and be quiet -- after the LH goes off to work and before the kids get up -- an hour or so I can sit and reflect on life. I've been filling that time with busy work (or sleep!) -- I'm not going to do that anymore. I need this time, not just to blog or whatever, but to center myself. An hour of prayer and meditation. If I don't make this more this, there is the possibility that the hour will never be "given" to me.

Time.

No comments: