Monday, March 07, 2011

I have discovered Scrap-booking

and I am having fun with it! Digital scrap-booking is probably going to be my norm, however, I am also dealing with the boxes and bags full of photographs that I have floating around the house -- as well as the "non-archival" photo albums that I stopped building about 10 years ago. I am going to redo most of those photo-albums, as I get time. I'm in a "working backwards" sort of mood; I'm starting with the youngest pictures in iPhoto and trying to do one year at a time. I've purchased four 12 by 12 inch scrapbooks and will add the two 8.5 by 11 scrapbooks I purchased today to the collection.

Of course, this has all been a result of my "Project Order from Chaos" that I started at the beginning of the year. I've not posted any lists or photos since the end of January; I may do that in a few minutes, but that does not mean that I am not going ahead with the project. In a way, I realized that the documentation of the journey is important, but I have been concentrating on the DOING and the BEING of it rather than the recording of it.

I have been in this process for quite a while. I wrote about it back in 2004. It's been more than 6 years since I started this reforming/transforming/reshaping of self. I've lost the ability to use words about the whole thing; I find myself steeped in a sort of silence.

The scrap-booking is another form of self-therapy; it helps me form tangible items to represent memory. The further back I go, the deeper I go, the more unveiled the purpose seems to be. One day maybe I'll have words for all this.

No comments: