1) Earliest book you remember (read to you or by you) -- Scat Cat! It was green and I loved it.
2) Picture Book you would like to climb into -- Velveteen Rabbit (well, climb in comfy chair and read)
3) Favorite series of books (then or now) -- The Runaway Bunny -- especially when read over and against Number 5. (Note: The book was used in the award winning play WiT and was called in the play "a little allegory of the soul." This book seriously makes me want to cry. So does Velveteen Rabbit, for that matter.)
4) Character you would most like to meet -- Captain Underpants and give him a good wedgie. Really.
5) Last childhood book you re-read (for yourself or to someone) -- The Giving Tree - Ugh.
I think that The Giving Tree should be read over and against three other books:
The Runaway Bunny
The Tale of the Three Trees
Here's a discussion, if you wish.