Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday Bullets

  • Second Sunday in new appointment; yesterday was longer than the previous Sunday. It was a 10 hour day and by the time the family got home, we all were tuckered out.
  • I've developing opinions about multi-church charges; the stress between the churches really can resemble a form of sibling rivalry. I think my job is to be the non-anxious presence. No sudden movements....
  • I seem to be developing a summer cold. It's not bad but each day it is getting a little worse; I'm going to drink a lot of water; vitamin C and that kind of thing.
  • Johnny Cat is developing some kind of cold as well. Sneezy cat. Gooey eyes. We've looked up therapies on the internet. I've had cats for years -- I can't remember the last time I had a Sneezy Cat. I found people who give their cats Vitamin C (I don't think I'll do that -- I don't know the toxicity of Vitamin C on cats). I love the suggestion to "flush" the cat's sinus cavities with saline water (I can't even pill a cat -- I can see me doing THAT to Johnny.) I guess it's time for a vet visit.
  • Entropy didn't like yesterday. The first part of the day was OK -- It was the visiting after the covered dish dinner that got to her. She had her DS but ran the battery all the way down. There is no playground at the church. It's a real culture shock for her. The churches don't have telephones (or even a mailbox). Our cell phones don't work (Dead Zone!) I understand they don't even have water at times in the year -- the well runs dry. They are miles and miles away from "civilization." When we can get the trailer out there, we can put the teeny weeny cheapo TV out in the trailer, a cheapo DVD player and the unused Gamecube -- but they tell me they can't LIVE without wireless or the internet.... I actually think that this might be a good thing.
  • I am wondering how all this is going to work during the school year. I know I'm tired today. We spend Saturday getting ready for the Estate sale; then had a very long day yesterday. We are going to have to work on this.
  • I need to (ooo ... feel that pressure?) I need to get a bunch of things in the mail, packages, forms, stuffy stuff. I need to get the dishes put up and fill the dishwasher again. I need to do laundry and put it up. I need to do some limited vacuuming (but can't we left the vacuum cleaner in Buckhead at the LH's g'parent's house.) I need to do general pickup-cleanup stuff.
  • But more importantly, I need to figure out Sabbath. For both myself and my family. Yesterday was NOT Sabbath. Without Sabbath, I don't think this appointment is going to work.
  • Oh yeah -- my group of Jurors was not called up today. Thank you, God. I may have to report for Jury Duty tomorrow. We shall see.....
Edited: I found out that not only can people be allergic to cats, mice can be allergic to cats and (get this) cats can be allergic to mice. Talk about food allergies! (I am finding this to be HIGHLY amusing. Shall I get Johnny Cat allergy shots? Oooo... I shouldn't laugh to hard... makes my head hurt worse.)

No comments: