Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday afternoon

And I am tired. A good tired. We are now doing 4 worship services and two Sunday School hours. I celebrated communion for the first time in the new chapel. I realized that it was a red letter day -- for the first time in the history of Grayson (that I know of), the celebrant/preacher was female, was assisted by a female, the musicians were female and the acolytes were female. All the major participants were women. Wow.

I did a full sung liturgy. You can hear a snippet here. It is really refreshing to do the Great Thanksgiving so very intentionally. There were no announcements, no offering, a short homily, a warm atmosphere.

I checked in on the Sunday Schools -- then I did the media in the 939, assisted in the 11:00, praise and worship practice at 12:30 and now I'm tired.

No big theological revelations. No quiet reflections. Just a good Sunday.

No comments: