Monday, March 17, 2008

It's been a long time since I had a kitten....

So long that I had forgotten how playful and destructive they can be. I'm posting this using a very old computer (slow too ... can't keep up with my typing. I watch the letters appear one at a time. So distracting...) The reason I'm posting this using an ancient computer? The kitten decided to chew on the end of my charger for the MacBook and I didn't notice -- until it started to smoke and spark little flames. Now I have a shorted out charger and a dead battery on the MacBook. A replacement charger is on order.

He also likes to carry stuff around with him. Right now, he's chewing on a potholder he fetched out of the kitchen. It must smell good to him. He's also fond of dirty socks, washclothes, various and sundry stick-like objects (pencils!) and will just carry around with him most anything that he can pick up or drag after himself. I follow him around like a large benevolant God-like entity, trying to make sure that he doesn't hurt himself. On occasion, I just let him learn his lessons the hard way: don't lick the hot-sauce bottle, it will burn your tongue. Don't get to close to the grumpy old lady cat; she will clean your clock.

I can suppose God can feel this way: why would those silly human want to do x? I'll just let them learn the lesson the hard way....

No comments: