Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Mystery Quote

And I quote:

I should rejoice (so little ambitious am I to be at the head of any sect or party) if the very name might never be mentioned more, but be buried in eternal oblivion. But if that cannot be, at least let those who will use it, know the meaning of the word they use. Let us not always be fighting in the dark. Come, and let us look one another in the face. And perhaps some of you who hate what I am called, may love what I am by the grace of God; or rather, what "I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."

Any guesses?

That's right! John Wesley!
The name he wished buried? Methodist!

I really like the next part -- Let us not always be fighting in the dark. Come, and let us look one another in the face. And perhaps some of you who hate what I am called, may love what I am by the grace of God.

As we move to General Conference, I pray that all those gathered will look each other in the face and love what each other are made into by the Grace of God.

No comments: