Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Randomness

  • I've hit a dry spell in blogging. Don't know why. Maybe it's too much Twitter and Facebooking. I'm on a Twitter fast today. Maybe I'll extend it to Facebook, as well.
  • Sunday's sermon went well. It was completely and utterly different than what I thought I was going to do. I had prepared a few jokes for "Holy Hilarity" but it just didn't feel right.
  • Homeschooling has hit a roadblock -- or just a speedbump. I can't get the girls writing. I thought it would be Math or Science that would give me the speedbump, but no, it's English. They don't want to read or write. I may be forced to do a packaged, graded curriculum. Or I may need to find a motivator. I'm just stuck. You can lead a horse to water BUT....
  • I have finally finished spring cleaning in one room (or done it about 90 percent.) The Dining Room is next. If we can just keep the rooms clean as we finish them, we will be doing well.
  • Chaos and I want to strip the wallpaper off the bathroom next to the laundry room. It's getting pretty sad looking. This won't cost any money and then we can sand and paint it with the same paint that is in the living room and kitchen. Free home improvement project -- yeah!
  • Our refrigerator is getting pretty sad. It's 22 years old. I have a new one picked out and of course it is very very expensive. The current refrigerator was a "let's just get this one now and get a good one later." I don't want to do that again. If I have to live with this one for 20 plus years, I want one that will be optimal, not just "good enough."
  • In fact, we've been in this house maybe 15 years (14?). There are a plethora of home improvement projects we need to get around to. We have hail damage to our roof (I think). The railings on the porch need to be painted before they rot. The bushes are going to take over the house -- they need more hacking. We have a lot of peeling wallpaper and the flooring all over the house needs... something. I want new countertops -- these have so many scratches and boo-boos, I think they collect germs. When is a home improvement project necessary and when is it just a "want"? Something to think about.
  • So, it's time for me to look at the text of the week -- John 12 -- a grain of wheat falling to earth. More coffee is necessary....

No comments: