Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Devils and Dust

Now every woman and every man
They want to take a righteous stand
Find the love that God wills
And the faith that He commands
I've got my finger on the trigger
And tonight faith just ain't enough
When I look inside my heart
There's just devils and dust

I got God on my side
I'm just trying to survive
What if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear's a powerful thing
It can turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
And fill it with devils and dust


What are the things that we do to survive? So many of them really do turn our heart black. Senior Pastor will be be preaching on Pentecost this Sunday, to no small surprise, but with a twist -- He's using a hermenutic of taking our "I can't" and saying that with the Spirit I can't, but the Spirit will. So often our attempts will fail. Even the the best of all possible worlds, words are mistaken, feelings hurt, our selfish (read human) nature will emerge. The Spirit will cleanse and polish away all the grime.

BTW, I am enjoying my new CD....

No comments: