Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Continue the thought...

To continue the thought from yesterday ...

I have talked with three (four?) people who are either parishioners or former parishioners who are getting home-equity loans to pay for their homeowners insurance, property taxes and food. I suggested that if they do indeed do this, that they consider really restructuring their life-styles so that the loan can be paid off ASAP. It reminded me of a snake trying to swallow its own tail.... and about as futile.

To borrow money for consumables -- it is indeed a snake swallowing its own tail.

***

Update on the car search: I have an ex-parishioner who is retired from the car-selling business who is going to help me navigate these waters. Thank you God. The high-pressure sales tactics are overwhelming.

No comments: