Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sore all over

I am sore all over. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Wait! I WAS hit by a truck.

edited: I WAS on bed-rest until Monday -- then I did indeed try to take it easy at conference. I was very laid back. The accident was Expedition vs. Expedition. I was stopped at a red light a full car length behind another car and WHAM, I was hit by another Expedition. The police officer estimated that he was going 45 to 50 mph. He employed his brakes way too late, but did slow down a bit from the speed limit. The impact shoved me into the car in front of me, who was shoved into the little truck in front of her. Three cars totaled. The Expedition weights literally a ton -- about 2000 pounds. He was really moving fast to have shoved me that far and with enough force to total the car in front of me as well. I think if I had been in my husband sedan, I would have more than a couple of bruises....

We rented a car yesterday b/c the kids are off to Music Camp and the LH's car will NOT hold all four of us, suitcases, a violin, a viola AND a cello. I'm going to go look for cars (plural) on Monday. I figure to get another Expedition and another very small car that has air conditioning and really good gas mileage. We had discussed a third car to save on gas and to keep the Expedition just for when all four of us are in the car and to haul the trailer. We are going to use this as an opportunity....

No comments: