Thursday, October 20, 2005

Covers for the Book

I've two iterations for the cover for the book. Neither were exactly right.

Here's number one.
Here's number two.

1) The publisher and I think I need the editor's names on the cover
2) It doesn't say "Christmas"
3) the figure is male.

SO... Final edition will have mine and MaryBeth's names on the cover along with Gordon's.
The background will be changed to a Christmas Fir (the texture).
The Light will be in the shape of the Christmas Star.
We looked for a female figure -- couldn't find a good one. I love the window idea so much I thought a male figure would be OK. The only pregnant woman figure I could find in silhouette was nude -- not the look I was going for. Nice symbology -- vulnerable and all, but just not the look.

I'll post the final cover as soon as it arrives.
What do you think about it?

No comments: