Monday, August 11, 2008

Just Yesterday?

I just watched the bus pick up Chaos for her first day of High School. Entropy is still asleep -- her bus doesn't get here until 8:30.

Wasn't it just yesterday we put Chaos on the bus for kindergarten? I just realized it must have been 10 years ago. Where did the time go?

I remember after I put Chaos on the bus 10 years ago, Entropy went around all day saying, "Where's Sissy? Where did she go? Make her come back!"

Sissy is now on her way to High School....

Edited: 9 years ago. Before a good cup of coffee, I can't add! The HS bus was here at 6:40 (dern that is early!) and the Middle School bus was late -- it was here at 8:48. At least I'm up earlier than I have been and have a load of dishes and two loads of laundry done.

It seems to me that parenthood is just a series of ever bigger separations (gender inclusive -- it's more than mommies that feel it). The LH had them "in" his lap yesterday afternoon -- they were so big that they had to sit on the arms of the chair. We both remember being able to carry BOTH of them at the same time up the stairs to put them in bed. I also remember afternoons that seemed to stretch on forever and ever and ever -- and I remember the witching hour around 5:00 in the fall and winter where they would get progressively grumpy. Where did that time go?

The phrase that keeps coming to me "Or ever the silver cord be loosed" -- Eccles 12:21

No comments: