Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm feeling "owie" today

I'm feeling a little sore today -- more than the average. I've had bursitis in my elbow now for about 9 months and I've lived with osteoarthritis for years and years. It's pretty much under control with Celebrex and glucosamine chondroitin. I do have nights where I can't sleep at all because of the discomfort -- that's when the serious pain killers come out (and it's the real reason for the new mattress. It's also the reason that I will use BOTH the heated seats and the air conditioning in the car -- at the same time.) I also was told years ago that I have FM - I don't know about that. Maybe I do; maybe it's just osteo. However I do have several joints that have some RA. Most days, it's controlled by the Celebrex too. But today -- owie. I felt it yesterday in my foot while we were practicing the side stance where you cross feet and hit with a middle punch. While I was rotating -- yousa. And I've felt it in my left hand particularly as holding the phone has become painful.

I have been meaning to make a new appointment with a new rheumatologist -- I guess it's time. I don't want to go on methotrexate because it suppresses the metabolism and Lord knows this metabolism doesn't need to be suppressed anymore that it already is! I may go the route of taking more supplements -- I've already started more Acai berry juice. Eh, phooey. Time to call the doctor.

No comments: