Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tonight

I am going to go look for the ISS around 6:52 -- it will appear in the sky in the southwest and move across the sky. It will be very bright -- about a magnitude -2.5. I have gone and watched for it before; it is indeed quite visible to the naked eye but tonight will be different. Tonight it contains a person who I have known for 25 years. He and I did not attend the same school, but we had the same peer group at the Science Center and he was an Independent Study Student my first year teaching. I met him at a cookout we had that Fall. He went to HS with my boyfriend at the time.

So I will watch tonight and think of those days, of that time. How amazing life is and how varied. I will send up a prayer for traveling mercies, as well, maybe even singing a verse or two of "Eternal Father Strong to Save."

Godspeed, Eric.

No comments: