Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clothing Shopping



I'm taking advantage of the incredible clothing prices right now and upgrading my wardrobe a smidge. I purchased all this from Kohl's for a fantastic price and I'm awaiting my Wally World online purchases. Wally World has shirts from $2 with shipping about 97 cents per item. I'm currently looking for shoes. I am so very picky about shoes. If my feet hurt, then I hurt.

I like this outfit -- the jacket fits OK which is amazing, seeing I'm so short and wide. It looks classic -- rather like the early 1960's. I'm going to get a more tailored skirt to wear with it as well. I also purchased several pairs of dress pants that are incredibly comfortable. I hate waistlines that either bunch up or dig in -- White Stag has some that have enough stretch that they don't dig in but lay nice and smooth at the waist. And they came in petites. Yipee!

I do tend to wear a "uniform." For years, it was a turtleneck (white or off white), a nice sweater jacket and black dress pants. For casual use, I'd wear Minnetonka moccasins (I hate to admit), but would have low heeled pumps for "dress up." I now tend to wear Mom Jeans, a cotton long sleeved or 3/4 sleeved top and will throw on a jacket (now-a-days it's a Mandarin collared silk or peachskin jacket). In the summer, I wear a tank. And for the last several years, I've worn clogs or Birkis. I'm boring. So, I'm branching out a bit. Now to shoe shop.

(edited: tried on the blouse. I should never do blouses. I have gap-osis. The buttons are too strained. So much for the blouse.)

No comments: