Thursday, June 16, 2005

Conference

It is very hot in Athens this week. Many people are suffering from the combination of heat and formal clothing. The air conditioning is doing a valiant job of trying to keep up, but the Georgia heat and humidity is difficult to deal with. It was 96 degrees at my car at 4:00 PM yesterday and the car was in the shade. Sweltering heat. I'm not feeling one hundred percent this morning -- and I am drinking Gatorade and water continually this morning. Nonetheless, it is a wonderful time -- I love to smooze. I know there are a lot of important things going on this week with voting rights, pension plans and equitable comp -- but to me confererence is all about smoozing. I love people -- I love to listen to people's stories. I am having a grand time. Here's some pictures.

These are the Chalices that are being used for communion this week.


Here is the communion table as it was set for the memorial service on Tuesday.


This is the choir for the ordination service on Tuesday night.


Here's a (discreet) shot of Bishop Lindsay Davis speaking at the ordination service.

No comments: