Monday, June 13, 2005

Tagged by that Book Meme

Total books owned, ever: Um, lots and lots and lots. There are about 2500 or so in the Living room, 1000 or more in the bedroom, 2500 in storage, a few hundred just laying around. 10 in the car, 50 in the kitchen, 50 in the dining room, 3 boxes in the hall. Way too many, I am sure.

Last book(s) I bought: I have to go to Amazon to find out -- Reaching Out without Dumbing Down, Making Love Last a Lifetime: Biblical Perspectives on Love, Marriage, and Sex (Making Love Last a Lifetime), John Wesley's Sermons: An Anthology, IBS Commentary on Genesis, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Prayer, a silly Shopaholic book.

Last book I read: The silly shopaholic book and the Complete Idiot's Guide to Prayer.

Five books that mean a lot to me: (well, the Bible of course but let's look at others)
The Three Musketeers -- read bunches and bunches of times, since third grade.
Something from Anne Lamott -- maybe Traveling Mercies.
Private Pilot's Handbook or Angle of Attack: Harrison Storms and the Race to the Moon. Or maybe The Bishop's Boys.
Witness by Tom Long or The Heart of Christianity by Marcus Borg.
Book of Common Prayer.

I am supposed to tag five people. I say, tag yourself. If you want to participate, be welcome. If you don't -- that's OK too.

No comments: