Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Bullets


A little Ike video I put together from the NHC.

  • I have not even begun my sermon yet. I've thought about the scripture, but don't have a single thing done.
  • BUT I have finished the Charge Conference. We met last night and it was fabulous. A lot of work, but fabulous. We had good fellowship, a good sermon and good food. These are the "eating-est" churches I've been in in a long time.
  • We blessed one of our members who has been a lay-speaker for a few year and sent him off to serve as the pastor of another church. We also had the honor to recommend him as a candidate for ordained ministry. What a real blessing that was. We gave him a new Bible in which we all wrote a prayer. It was most wonderful.
  • Also wonderful -- I am going to be privileged to baptize a young man of about 30 years old Sunday after next -- and we are going to do it in the river. I've never done this before, but I love the idea of running and living water.
  • On other fronts, we are praying for the LH's first cousin's family who lives in Houston -- and his other two cousins who live a little further inland. I believe they have evacuated, but have been unable to get in touch. His cousin and her husband both work for NASA or the Defense Department. We've been watching Ike... and praying.
  • In the mean time, I'm watching Blog Cabin on DIY. Full video. What fun! I think that the LH needs a real Man Cave in the Log Cabin.
  • I enjoy Blog Cabin, but it's too too for me at times. I want antique (meaning: real) logs. I don't want "dowels" for my logs. But I do want my Garage area to be pretty modern in design. Modern design inside an antique shell. With wi-fi. And off the grid.
  • Today's green thing: LED Lightbulbs.

No comments: