Monday, October 09, 2006

15 minutes

before I leave to do an hour long presentation on a subject I know very little. (I know, "so what's different about that?" Sigh) At least seminary has taught me how to go on and on and on for a very long time on very little material.

I have chosen a hermenutic of cartoon strips, so at least it should be interesting (or amusing.)

AND

This amuses me. Hattip to Tony.
To quote: The astonishing story of the incomparable Rex Libris, Head Librarian at Middleton Public Library, and his unending struggle against the forces of ignorance and darkness. With the aid of an acient god who lives beneath the library branch, Rex travels to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in search of overdue books. Wearing his super thick bottle glasses, and armed with an arsenal of high technology weapons, he strikes fear into recalcitran borrowers, and can take on virtually any foe from zombies to renegade public-domain literary characters with aplomb.

If these go over well, maybe it means that my concept stories (The Vicar Wore Leather)* might actually be marketable.

*The first in a series: The Pastor Wore Pastels, The Preacher Wore Denim, The Parson Wore Wool and so on.

No comments: