1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the 'coolest' book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.
Could Miss Manners resolve a problem for a confused foriegner?
Without these concepts, however, you may find that your database applications neither meet your current needs nor adapt to meet any changing needs.
"A tall, thin chap around forty," Mason said.
(I reached around a three different books fell in my lap, hence three sentences. Wanna guess what they were?)
The ten things games
These are my ten things I've done that you may not have done:
1. Belonged to the Civil Air Patrol and was training to fly Search and Rescue -- but had a baby instead.
2. Shook hands with President Carter and less than a week saw President Bush and the Centennial of Flight at Kitty Hawk last December (oh, yea and John Travolta -- Bush and Carter seemed more intelligent (probably a good thing)).
3. Had an office with a seismometer in the corner mounted on a pier that went straight to bedrock.
4. Glued (with superglue) a student's sneakers to the floor in my math class when he continued going to sleep. Funny. Heh heh heh.
5. Oh yeah, and the office was within 20 feet of an Apollo capsule, 3 spacesuits, a giant preying mantis model, a complete weather station, a planetarium and a very complete butterfly collection.
6. Drove over 100 mph on the bridge over Lake Pontchartrain after drinking several Hurricanes. (Young and foolish).
7. Had season tickets to theatre since I was around 8 years of age.
8. Could have been a deb.
9. Rubbed Desmond Tutu's head. (Ok, it was a statue -- but my friend who made it rubbed Bishop Tutu's head.)
10. Dated 3 of the Atlanta Falcons in the 1980's. (Once each. Big deal! I wasn't "blonde" enough.)
How about you?
BTW, this is an example of a non-spiritual discipline blog entry. Just in case you were confused.
God, Theology, Cats, Weight Loss, Photography, Second Life, Theremin, Crafts,
Antiques, Log Cabins, Recipes and Geeky Stuff.
Home of Project Order From Chaos Home of The Amazing Weight Loss Adventure
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Book 123 meme
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Impressive list! Fun to know these things about you. Next time, all the details, please...
you intrigued me enough to give it a try!
OMG You went over the Causeway going 100????
Now that was fun! Cool
LOL!!! I have not done any of those! You are right!!! I want to hear more about those Atlanta Falcons!
okay, i am the only one gonna answer the page 123, fifth sentence down question?
of course, i will answer in two parts: one is i counted five sentences from the top. two is i counted five full sentences (i need structure and boundaries, can ya tell?)
1. Matthew were giving a precise description evocative of the ceremonies of that meal;
2. Mark's first readers/hearers even as readers today) would have thought of hymn(s)-singing familiar to them without reflecting about the historical situation many years before.
(text taken from The Death of the Messiah, Raymond E. Brown, Volume I.
whew. makes you wonder what kind of other whacky books i have on my shelf might unveil, don't it?
Posted the book meme at my site haven't done teh ten things game yet. Wish I could glue a couple of my students sneakers to the floor. Though the uproar from the parents kind of worries me!
Post a Comment