Saturday, September 24, 2005

Busy Day

I'm planning to teach confirmation with film clips tomorrow. I've got: Mr. Krueger's Christmas, Cotton Patch Gospel, The Robe, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Jesus of Nazareth, The Last Temptation of Christ, Life of Brian, Gospel of John and The Passion. How's that for eclectic?

The lesson is on the 4 gospels -- I could bore them to death with lecture or try to engage them in discussion and critical thinking. Today's Gospel is really a mixture of all 4 gospels. A gospel of hamony that we lose track of the individual voices. I'm going to show the beginning of the crucifixion scenes for most of these -- and the really touching scene in Mr. Krueger's Christmas to point out that different points in the gospel message speak to different people.

Still editing the Advent Devotional Book. Still don't have a good name. I'm trying to get it edited by the first of October. Ambitious, I know.

School is cancelled for Monday and Tuesday b/c of the gas situation here in GA. It's also cancelled in other states -- is school in or out where you are?

No comments: