Saturday, September 03, 2005

Every morning mercies new
Fall as fresh as morning dew;
Every morning let us pay
Tribute with the early day:
For your mercies, God, are sure;
Your compassion does endure.

Let our prayers each day prevail,
That these gifts might never fail;
And, as we confess the sin
And temptation's pow'r within,
Every morning, for the strife,
Feed us with the Bread of Life.


I cried to you, O LORD;
I pleaded with the Lord, saying,

"What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the Pit?
will the dust praise you or declare your faithfulness?

Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me;
O LORD, be my helper."

You have turned my wailing into dancing;
you have put off my sack-cloth and clothed me with joy.

Therefore my heart sings to you without ceasing;
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks for ever.

Lord, you are merciful and just. You taught us in your holy Word that you would not willingly affict us. Lord I ask that you look with pity upon the sorrows of those who have lost loved ones, those who have lost livelihood, those who have lost homes. Remember them, O Lord, in mercy, nourish their soul with patience, comfort them with a sense of your goodness, lift up your countenance upon them, and give them not full understanding, for I am afraid that cannot be, but give them peace, your peaces that passes all understanding.

Lord, you are the Lord of all power and might. You are the author and giver of all good things. Graft in our hearts your love, bring it to fruit. Lord, increase in us true steadfastness, chesed, nourish us with all goodness; and bring forth in us the fruit of good works, let our hands be your hands, let our lips proclaim you Word, let our hearts fill with your peace, let us love with your love. These things we pray in your Holy and unchanging Name, Amen.

No comments: