Wednesday, September 07, 2005

In this posting I am

In this posting, I am reveiled as a Shakespeare nerd.

From Hamlet:

Ophelia I hope all will be well. We must be patient; but I cannot choose but weep, to think they should lay him i’ the cold ground. My brother shall know of it; and so I thank you for your good counsel. Come, my coach! Good-night, ladies; good-night, sweet ladies; good-night, good-night. Exit.

King Follow Opheila close; give her good watch, I pray you.
O, this is the poison of deep grief; it springs
All from her father’s death. O Gertrude, Gertrude,
When sorrows come, they come not single spies,
But in battalions.

***********
Queen One woe doth tread upon another’s heel,
So fast they follow. Your sister’s drown’d, Laertes.

***********
Laertes Alas, then, is she drown’d?
Queen Drown’d, drown’d.
Laertes Too much of water hast thou, poor Ophelia,
And therefore I forbid my tears. But yet
It is our trick. Nature her custom holds,
Let shame say what it will; when these are gone,
The woman will be out. Adieu, my lord;
I have a speech of fire that fain would blaze,
But that this folly douts it.

We are not yet recovered from Katrina and here is Ophelia. Too much of water have we, poor Ophelia. We forbid you. We do not need sorrows in battalions. Begone.

No comments: