Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Morning Prayer

Grant, blessed God head
this our prayer at dawning
that we reflect the goodness of your Presence
Your beauty shines, O Light,
O Sun, O Radiance
glory re-echoing.


Hear my teaching, O my people;
incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will declare the mysteries of ancient times.
That which we have heard and known,
and what our forefathers have told us,
we will not hide from their children.
We will recount to generations to come
the praiseworthy deeds and the power of the LORD,
and the wonderful works he has done.

Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch, as you really are unleavened. For our paschal lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed. Therefore, let us celebrate the festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Dearest Lord, I praise you today and thank for for a beautiful day. In you I live and move and have my being. Lord I humbly pray that you guide me and govern me by your Holy Spirit. In everything -- in all the cares and occupations of my life I may not forget you, but may remember that I am ever walking in your sight and that you walk with me. You know the things that lie heavy on my heart -- ease that burden, heal your people, tend to your sheep and bring them home to you. Let my hands be your hands here on earth, let the body of your people be the body of Christ to this broken and suffering world. Amen.

No comments: