Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Morning Prayer

Yes, we would your Word embrace,
Live each moment on your grace,
All ourselves to you consign,
Fold up all our wills in yours,
Think, and speak, and do, and be
Simply that which pleases you.


Give the King your justice, O God,
and your righteousness to the King's son;

That he may rule your people righteously
and the poor with justice.

That the mountains may bring prosperity to the people,
and the little hills bring righteousness.

He shall defend the needy among the people;
he shall rescue the poor and crush the oppressor.

He shall live as long as the sun and moon endure,
from one generation to another.

He shall come down like rain upon the mown field,
like showers that water the earth.

Dearest God, Rain your Holy Spirit down upon me. I am in a time of dryness and I thirst for things that I cannot even put into words. I fill my life with busy-ness. I place the importances of my schedule in front of my time with you, I am impatient with my children and husband -- help me to be the person you wish me to be. Let me be able to sit in front of you with stillness. Open my eyes and ears and heart so that I can see you and feel your presence and hear your voice as you whisper your love for me. Let me bask in that love and grace -- let it flow over me and refresh those parched places. Let your loving care spill over me, easing my tightness and heal me like a balm.

Lord God, Dearest Lord -- I am brokenhearted as I watch the pain and suffering of this broken world. I want to weep with your children as they weep. I feel as if I cannot do enough -- that my feeble efforts are so very futile. It feels like moving mountians with teaspoons. Lord, convict this wicked old world of its error and evil ways. Ease the anger and frustrations that I feel creeping into the homeless shelters. They are groaning with the overload and I feel some of the workers are going to break. I feel the depression and frustrations of the displaced. Sustain them, keep them, grant them peace.

These things I pray in the name of one who came to heal this world.
Amen.

No comments: