1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be? The Gospel of John – my memory is too short for the entire Bible.
2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Yes, D ’Artagnan in “The Three Musketeers.” Ooo la la.
3. The last book you bought was...? Bought a bunch so far this month
“Paths to Prayer” by Patricia Brown (incredible speaker and writer)
“Testimony” and “The Witness of Preaching” by Thomas Long (one of my favorite preachers ever, I want to TA his Intro to Preaching next semester)
“The Stupidest Angel”
“Island of the Sequined Love Nun”
“Brother to a Dragonfly”
“The Lord’s Prayer through North African Eyes” by M.J. Brown (cool dude, always available for conversation)
“Nick the Cat” by Roberta Bondi (cool dudette, I loved being one of her TAs)
“Revolution in the Valley”
“Creed” by LTJ (I might have a crush on him)
“The Preaching Life” by BBT (ditto)
“The New Interpreter’s Bible Volume XII”
several of these were purchased to give away
4. The last book you read was...? just finished “Island of the Sequined Love Nun”
5. What are you currently reading? “Paths to Prayer” in my bedroom, “Brother to a Dragonfly” downstairs, “Testimony” is in the kitchen, a Ron Allen book “Patterns of Preaching” in my briefcase, “Fluke” is next to the bathtub, along with “Reaching Out without Dumbing Down.”
6. Five books you would take to a desert island?
Just 5?? Maybe 6 or 7??
The Bible (New Interpreters, maybe) and/or my Interlinear.
Craddock’s one volume commentary
Gerald Manley Hopkins one volume collection of verse.
My combined Thayer’s and BDB Lexicons
Strong’s or Young’s and lots and lots of notebooks to write in.
Complete works of Shakespeare
What a Geek I am!!